THE SOUND SCHOOL REGIONAL VOCATIONAL AQUACULTURE CENTER
- FFA/PAC Dues: We will collect FFA and PAC dues during orientation. FFA dues are $25 and PAC are $10. If paying by check please make checks payable to Sound School.
- FFA dues of $25/year are required. The dues cover fees to the national and state organizations. Money left after that is used to support FFA related trips – like the Big E – and chapter activities.
- PAC dues are $10/year. These dues cover PAC membership and the daily email announcements. Parents must renew their PAC membership in order to continue receiving the daily announcements by email.
- Physical Examinations: Sophomore physicals are due on or before the first day of school and must be brought to the the main office.
- Internet Essentials: Comcast is offering affordable high-speed internet to *qualified households living in an area where Comcast Internet Service is available for 9.95 a month (plus tax). For more information visit InternetEssentials.com. Eligible families must:
- Have a least one child who is eligible for the National School Lunch Program
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available
- Not have subscribed to Comcast Internet within the last 90 days
- Not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than one year old
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®): On Sept. 14, 2015, President Obama announced significant changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) process that will impact millions of students. Starting with the 2017-18 application cycle, the following changes will be put in place:
- Students will be able to submit a FAFSA® earlier. Students will be able to file a 2017-18 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year. (There is NO CHANGE to the 2016-17 schedule. The FAFSA became available January 1 as in previous years.)
- Students will use earlier income information. Beginning with the 2017-18 FAFSA, students will be required to report income information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2017-18 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) will report their 2015 income information, rather than their 2016 income information.
- Join PAC on September 14th at 6:00 for more information!
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
- Tuesday, August 30, 9:00 am – Grade 9 & New Students
- Tuesday August 30, 1:00 pm – Grades 10, 11, and 12
- Wednesday, August 31, 1:00 or 6:00 pm – All Grades
- Thursday, September 1st – First Day of School
- Monday, September 5th – Labor Day, No School
- Wednesday, September 14th – PAC Meeting at 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 28th – Open House/Meet the Teacher Night
Student News & Opportunities