Tuesday, June 12, 2018, CD Exam-Day, 12:15 Dismissal; Light Lunch served 10-10:15AM
Attention Student Body – Here is your update on the last week’s Student Council Election! Thank you to everyone who came out to vote and a special thank you to some of our graduating seniors for holding the election! The voters have chosen the following students to represent them for the 2018-2019 school year:
Senior Class Representatives:
Junior Class Representatives:
Ciara Ortiz Diaz
Sophomore Class Representatives:
Officer Roles for 2018-2019
Secretary: Mara Cicarella
Vice President: Emily Ferrucci
After several vote counts, the votes for President remain in a dead tie. Ashley Perez and Libby Fontana received the SAME number of votes – 78. Advisors have decided the best course of action to take is to hold another vote in September between these two candidates when we hold our Freshman Election. Voters will decide next school year – so stay tuned and keep campaigning! Please see Ms. Nuzzo or John Buell if you have any questions.
The following students need to see Phil Brencher in Rm 307 before dismissal today
Paula would like to remind her freshmen advisee group that there are several of you who still need to meet with her to review your SAE paperwork for the year. Please make an appointment with her to complete this before the end of the week.
All juniors who registered to take senior level environmental science next year must attend an informational meeting on Thursday at 10am in the library. We will be reviewing the syllabus for next year and expectations for the summer work. Please see Pete Solomon with any questions.
The math department is short a few calculators, so if you are in possession of any of the schools calculators please return them to any teacher, no questions asked, we just need these resources to serve all our students
Attention all who love to sail or who want to learn: This is your last chance to sign up for the summer FJ sailing program at Sound. Have fun, cool off from the summer heat and earn SAE experience as well for two weeks at the end of July. Stop by John Buell’s room in Anderson to pick up an application or call him at 71604 if you have any questions.
Sound School’s Night of Recognition will be held TOMORROW from 6:00-7:30 at Betsy Ross Arts Magnet School 150 Kimberly Avenue. Please join us!
Mauro Sheridan Interdistrict Magnet School needs our help!! The school has 25 tanks with fish, turtles, lizards, and snakes that need care and support over the summer. If you need community service or SAE experience and have time this summer, The school needs you! Please let Ms. Gratz know if you are interested and then contact the school principal, Mrs. Kaliszewski, directly.
Students needing community service hours or SAE experience please join Steve Joseph and Phil Brencher’s Waterfront Operations Summer SAE program which will be held Monday-Friday July 16-20th and 23-27th. Come see Phil or Steve to sign up.
Acquire some SAE experience or community service hours this summer while spending time on the Connecticut shoreline learning beach seining, otter trawling and other marine biology field study methods! The program will run from July 9th through the 27th from 8:30am to 2:30pm. See George Baldwin to pick up a permission slip.
We are still waiting for 40 freshmen to bring us 2017 or 2018 physicals. You will not be allowed to return to school in August without these physicals, so let’s get them done!
* Final Exams Schedule: A light lunch will be served in the cafeteria each day during the 10:00 – 10:15 am break. Regular dismissal is at 12:15 pm on each exam day. *If you stay for Extended Time (to finish an exam OR to study, you will need to bring a lunch and arrange for a ride home at or before 2:30 pm. No after school activities will be held. ALL STUDENTS NEEDING EXTENDED TIME ARE EXPECTED TO STAY UNTIL 2:30pm ON THE DAY EXAMS ARE ADMINISTERED!
TUESDAY JUNE 12 ~ C/D
C Exam: 8 – 10 AM
D Exam: 10:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Dismissal at 12:15 PM
Extended Time 12:15-2:30* PM
WEDNESDAY JUNE 13 ~ A/B
Exam A: 8 – 10:00AM
Exam B: 10:15 AM-12:15 PM
Extended Time 12:15 – 2:30 PM*
*The homework center will be open from dismissal UNTIL 2:30 pm each day to accommodate those students who may have arrangements for extended time, alternate exam schedule, or need to stay to study or make up owed work.
A few tips to remember…
* Make sure to organize all study materials well in advance
* Make sure to study for your exams e few days prior to exam date
* Make sure to get lots of rest the night before exams
* Eat a good breakfast that morning
* Bring all tools you need for your exam e.g. pencil, paper, notes (just in case you have study time or are allowed to use them)
* Bring back text books to turn in to your teacher and library books back to the library
* REMEMBER THAT IF YOU NEED EXTENDED TIME YOU MUST STAY THE AFTERNOON OF THE EXAM! Please do not schedule work, doctors’ appointments, etc. prior to 2:30 pm each of these exam days
* If you miss an exam day you MUST come to take it on Thursday and/or Friday, June 14th and 15th at 8:00 am unless you’ve made other arrangements with your teacher