FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
This is Eric speaking: As some folks know, I check your daily and period attendance every day. And I have already reminded you that you need to be present for advisory check-in at 8am every day for the purposes of attendance. But lately I have noticed a couple other things that concern me:
1. Some students seem to be picking and choosing the classes they attend or miss on a given day. Remember: As we discussed in the student handbook and at orientation every year, the state requires that you attend at least half of a standard school day (3hrs 15min not counting lunch or office hours) to be considered present on that day. The same amount of time is required to be considered present on a half day (Wednesdays). Don’t put yourself in the position of having attended some classes but losing credit in ALL of them because you didn’t meet the legal day requirements.
2. Advisory is not optional and is factored into your daily attendance. You must attend advisory every day.
Pumpkin Votive Holder
Sound School Fall Adult Education IS ON, thanks to Pebbles. You will be given the materials to bring home and ‘Google’ Meet on October 7 to craft together!! Sign ups start Sept 1 right here https://www.eventbrite.com/o/the-sound-school-26400109151
and run through Sept 23. Payment must be in by Sept 23.
2019-2020 Yearbook Pick-Up time announced.
Katie will meet you next Tuesday September 22nd from 3-6 on campus in the McNeil parking lot. She has sent this info to all 2020 graduates in an email and posted on Google Classroom. MOST IMPORTANTLY we recognize that many Seniors may not be in the area at this time and will want to send a parent/guardian or friend in their place. If this is your case YOU MUST notify Katie who will be stopping by to pick up your yearbook. Katie will only distribute to Seniors and stand-ins previously designated to her via email.
IMPORTANT FOR JUNIORS AND SENIORS: PSAT and SAT will be administered at school on October 14th and 29th. We need to know how many students to expect so if you wish to take either test please contact Nilsa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 475-220-6825.
From NHPS announcement master Daniel Diaz….with today’s ‘Resources for Parents’
Please refer to the information below for resources;
• Issues related to classwork, reach out to the teacher and the school.
• For Google Classroom, Google Meets, Google Password reset, or related applications – Make an appointment for assistance at http://familyhelp.live
• For all other matters, contact 475-220-1900 leave a message and someone will return your call within 24 hours.
• We also encourage parents to visit nhps.net for the most up to date information, school calendar and District Headlines.