Family engagement is a key factor in our student and school success.
Monthly Meeting: 6:00 p.m. alternating 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays Foote Library
The Sound School Parent Advisory Council (PAC), focuses on creating community between the parents, staff, and students. We encourage students and their families to actively participate in PAC sponsored events. Our community service projects not only allow our students and their families to take an active role in helping their community, they also allow the students to obtain the community service hours that are required of them in order to graduate.
Communication is key at The Sound School especially since our school community is made up of students and families from over 20 Connecticut towns. With many of our students coming from other participating districts, perhaps the biggest contribution PAC provides to The Sound School is our daily email communications. Through daily email communications, parents find out important information including opportunities to become a part of The Sound School’s community.
Our organizational objectives are:
- To support the mission of The Sound School;
- To participate in the administration of The Sound School by adding the parents’ point of view to the development of school policy, procedure, resource allocation and curriculum;
- To aid in communication between the school, home and community;
- To provide or create open forums for discussing issues pertaining to The Sound School between Parents and school administration;
- To provide advocacy on behalf of the school to the community including (but not limited to) The Board of Education of New Haven and local towns.
If you would like more information about The Sound School Parent Advisory Council, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook @ SoundSchoolPac
- Waterfront Festival: Our Waterfront Festival is a time where the community as a whole comes together to spend the day on water and land, and to welcome our incoming freshman class. Activities range from rowing, sailing, fishing, games, food, music and more! All profits from the festival fund our Annual PAC Capstone Scholarship Awards.
- PAC Capstone Scholarship Awards: Seniors at Sound School can present their Senior Capstone Project to the PAC for an opportunity to earn scholarship awards. Presentations are done the 2nd Saturday in June and awards are given during their graduation ceremony.
- Holiday Fair: Our Holiday Fair in December allows student entrepreneurs and groups to showcase their work or product and raise funds for different purposes; such as college, school trips, activities or simply to have a little extra cash in their pockets.